Closed-End Fund Advisors ("CEFA") is a fee-based Registered Investment Advisory firm founded in 1989. Known as "The CEF Experts," they specialize in CEF/BDC research and trading. Closed-End Fund Advisors has its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia and reflects over 55 years of combined investment experience in closed-end funds and other investment vehicles.
CEFA’s primary business is discretionary asset management. As a global manager of managers, we build portfolios for individual and institutional clients, through either direct work with clients or through financial advisors and planners. CEFA is capable of subadvising with other RIA firms, hedge funds, endowments and family offices. They also are a portfolio consultant for SmartTrustUITs.
CEFA currently manages nine investment portfolio styles:
* Hybrid Income Portfolio
* Foundation/Balanced Portfolio
* Conservative Diversified Portfolio
* Globally Diversified Growth and Income Portfolio
* Globally Diversified Growth Portfolio
* International Opportunity
* Special Opportunities Model
* Municipal Bond
* Business Development Companies (BDCs)
Closed-End Funds and The Secondary Markets with John Cole Scott